Thursday, July 16, 2015

A little serenity in a bottle : )

Howdy!!!
My husband likes to describe me a hippie mom : ) Now if a love for recycling, organic/natural food and essential oils makes me a hippie then I'll take the label. Before I became a mom of two I swore I would NEVER be "that mom" that was so protective of what foods my kids ate, what they drank, and what medicines they took. Of course since becoming a momma of two I have changed my tune and I am just like any other over nurturing momma and proud of it!
My two precious boys are just like any other boy in the world with the exception that they are night owls like their momma. My husband and I have tried countless times to set a bedtime and bedtime routine but these two boys refuse to sleep at a normal time.
Gunner will be starting Kinder this fall and we were worried about his transition from night owl to strict bedtime. During a play date last week my sister-in-law told me about Serenity from doTerra. She swore that serenity helped my 3 year old nephew wind down every night and get to sleep without any pain.

I HAD to try this on the boys! I contacted every person I knew that sold doTerra and only one of them had a sample on hand. We were going out of town that night but I was desperate to try this little miracle oil that I drove about 45 minutes out of my way to get it. My boys were excited about seeing my parents that they were like two talking parrots the first 3 hours of our 6 hour trip. I needed some peace and quiet so I decided to douse the boys with serenity in hopes that they would calm down or go to sleep. Just like that it worked, silence blanketed the car within minutes and 30 minutes after application my two year old was asleep and my five year old was in a trance. I couldn't believe that it worked! Since then I have tried a couple other of oils on myself and I am pleased with the outcome. I am now an essential oil momma! If you have rowdy little ones you need to try serenity from doTerra!

TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment