Sunday, July 5, 2015

Howdy!

Howdy! From the moment I opened my eyes at 10:00 this morning it feels as though the day has been on fast forward. There's nothing like being kicked in the back, pinched on the ears, and poked in the eyes by a 2 year old to start your Sunday : ) (Actually, that's how my youngest wakes me up every day)
I know, I know you are probably thinking "WTH! It was 10:00 you should be up!" but I'm a teacher so I get to sleep in during the summer : ) --With that being said I must warn you that my posts will never be 100% grammatically correct, so don't judge : ) My brain also takes the summer off : ) --
Ok back to the point of this post... Last night my little family and I celebrated our nation's birthday at the drive-in! Yes, the drive-in! There are a couple in Texas that still exist and we happen to live 45 minutes away from one. We found this gem last summer and have been going ever since! Where is this drive-in you ask. Well, it's in Hockley,TX and it's called The Showboat Drive-in. They have two screens and 2 movies on each screen. My little family of 4 (2 adults and 2 children get in for the whopping cheap price of $19.00- children 2 and under are free)
Before discovering The Showboat my little family would wait until movies came out on DVD to enjoy them but now we can actually enjoy a great family night out. The kids don't have to sit down the entire time, you don't have to whisper, and if you have a truck or SUV you can lay down while watching the movie. If you live near the area you must visit The Showboat, I promise you and your family will have a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment