Sunday, July 5, 2015

Pinterest to the rescue....or not

I am by no means an interior designer. In fact everything that I have done to my new house is Pinterest inspired. My brand new house came with a neat kitchen window with a ledge...I know it's not a big deal to some but I didn't have this in my previous house. From the day we moved in to a couple of weeks ago I had no idea what I was going to put on that ledge. I spent hours on pinterest trying to come up with an idea or copy an idea. I came up empty handed every time. One day my husband and I purchased a beautiful W at Hobby Lobby because it was teal. I honestly had no idea where I was going to put it so I told my husband to put it anywhere for the time being. Well my husband just so happened to put it on that dang kitchen ledge that needed decorating! When I finally noticed how awesome it looked I came up with the idea of filling up the entire space with W's. We bought as many W's as we could find and placed them on the ledge and created our masterpiece. It's a great conversation starter and our guests really love the idea of an Initial Ledge instead of the Ol' Initial Wall. Enjoy!
Until next post


No comments:

Post a Comment