Saturday, July 11, 2015

Breakaway

Howdy!
This weekend my little family of 4 are on our way to The Rio Grande Valley! I grew up in Progreso (not the soup) and enjoyed every minute of the slow paced, naive, country upbringing. Growing up I dreamed of leaving Progreso and The Rio Grande Valley to explore the world. 
In fact I used to consider the song Breakaway by Kelly Clarkson as my "theme song". Lol silly I know but it's true 😜
When I left in 2003 I was so homesick that I had every intention of transferring from Texas A&M to UTPA in the Spring 2004. I was miserable in CS. I was by myself and I had friends but they couldn't and WOULDN'T replace my old friends. I guess my potluck roommate could tell I was miserable be she avoided being in our room at all costs. 
It was until I got together with some fellow valley people that I started to open up and have fun. They helped me realize that even though I was 6 hours away from home I could still have fun. My freshman year flew by fast and by the time summer came I didn't want to leave CS. I guess you could say that aggieland grew on me... I went from being a 2% to a full red ass! 
12 years later and I can't believe that I'm still living in CS! I have a wonderful husband and 2 amazing sons! I still get homesick every now and then and believe it or not I still cry every time I leave the RGV after visiting my parents. The older they get the harder it gets to leave them behind. My new goal is to move my parents to CS...wish me luck lol. For now I'll have to settle for my short stays and long lasting memories! 
TTFN 

No comments:

Post a Comment